SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maya_franco

What to do with Black spots on my Echeveria

Maya Franco
8 years ago

Hi! I'm a newbie at gardening- started only 2 weeks ago with a couple of succulents. One of my echeverias developed black spots on a few leaves and I'm wondering what I should do with it. I suspect it was because I watered it and it had droplets of water on the leaves and then I put it out on the porch to get some sunlight thinking desert plants want direct sun :-/ I have since learned from research that it is not good for them to have direct sunlight and have moved them to a part of my house I call the "sun room" that has a transparent roof and gets only morning sun. But I don't know if I should just leave the black spots on the leaves and wait for it to shed out? Or should I cut them off? And is the dark spots because of the sun or because of the water droplets? Right now I water them once a week, and will wait for the soil to dry out. I live in the Philippines and is humid here but very very warm in the summer. 41 degrees celsius warm. Thank you in advance. I'm so grateful there is a forum like this to help out newbies like me :-)

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH