SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caro123_gw

Help- Queen Annes lace has taken over perennial beds!!! Need to get r

carola_gw(Z3NH)
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Help- Queen Annes lace has taken over perennial beds!!! Need to get rid of it. Kind of think I need to dig up the beds and replant which for perennials would probably be in spring I would guess. Understand it is a biennial so what I am seeng are new growth plus growth that will flower this year so I need to get that out before it flowers and seeds. Thinking of digging up everything I can and picking out the weed from the good stuffs roots then replanting the perennials. These are mainly Iris and daylilies . Thinking of putting newspaper around the good stuff after and covering with mulch.

Will this kill any new growth of this weed? Please tell me It doesn't spread underground by rootlets just in case I can't get it all out.

I'm getting up there in years so this can't be a yearly thing to do. Not even sure I can do the whole thing this year. If anyone knows of an easier way let me know!!!!!

I never planted this and anyone that does is nuts! It started out as a few patches in the backyard- guess I'll have to keep that cut down till it dies. Does it have to flower before it dies? Need to save my energy so don't want to cut it and just have it come back this year.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!