SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davidsnowden

HVAC Replacement in Atlanta, GA Condo

9 years ago

Hello, I live alone in a 1,300sf ground floor condo in Atlanta, GA. My current SunTherm HVAC system has to be replaced (confirmed by 2 separate contractors) as the system constantly leaks freon. I replaced small amounts of freon in the past and was told my system was on its way out.

It's a dual system with an electric heat pump. I have a severe disability, use a wheelchair, and get cold quickly. My body prefers the warmth. I only use the AC when I have company during the summer (about 20x) and I turn it off when they leave. If it's hot, I will turn on one of the three ceiling fans. In the winter, I keep the thermostat at about 78 degrees.

The first contractor suggested:

1) TRANE 2 ton XR13 seer R-410a Puron heat pump and Trane R-410a Puron 2 ton air handler with 5 kw of strip heat $4,400

1. TRANE 2 ton XR13 seer R-410a Puron heat pump and Trane R-410a Puron 2 ton air handler with 5 kw of strip heat; secondary drain pan w/emergency water solenoid cut-off switch and condenstate pump with emergency overflow switch $4,620

2. TRANE 2 ton XR13 seer R-410a Puron heat pump and Trane R-410a Puron 2 ton variable speed air handler (TAM7) with 5 kw of strip heat; water prevention kit $5,260

3. TRANE 2 ton XR15 seer R-410a Puron heat pump and Trane R-410a Puron 2 ton variable speed air handler (TAM7) with 5 kw of strip heat; water prevention kit $6,260

Looking for some advise/suggestions please. I will then obtain two more contractors to provide quotes as I'm looking to install in the next 2-3 weeks.

Thanking you in advance!

Comments (7)