SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seanm10660

quality vinyl options with SDL grids?

seanm10660
8 years ago

Hi, I'm looking to replace the old windows in my house, and finding it very hard to identify windows that are both available in my area, and can be purchased with some decent-looking SDL grids. The grids would only be on the front face of the house, just to spruce up the curb appeal. But of all the brands frequently recommended here, it looks like: Soft-lite doesn't offer SDL, and I can't for the life of me find an Okna/Himark dealer in my area (Boston). All I've found anywhere nearby are one place that does Sunrise Vanguard, and another that does Starmark, and I'm not sure if either of them yet services my town, though I am checking. (Marvin Infinity doesn't seem to be around here, either).

I have two quotes, one for Alside Mezzo (which again doesn't come with SDLs), and one for Harvey classics, which do offer SDLs. Its incredibly hard to find anybody here in the Boston area who doesn't just slap in a whole bunch of harvey and call it a day. I have them in my sunroom, and they are fine, but not attractive. Should I start looking for Marvin Ultimates? I don't really need the wood interior, but I'd like something nicer looking and with more glass than the Harvey classics, especially on the front face of the house, which is also my dining room and living room on the inside. I'd appreciate any advice!

Comments (3)