SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
april_springer44

I'm back! And I brought spring sickness with me!

April
8 years ago

Hello everyone. Just wanted to reintroduce myself. Back in winter, I deleted an old email account, and it just so happened to be the one that I got on here with. So I had to re-register. My old name was "taurustendency."

Anyways, I'm back! And still ready to learn and share, and see all your wonderful pics! A lot has been happening since I was on here last. We have acquired a ton of new daylilies, and made huge progress with the beds. Probably up to about 280+ now and my fiancé has about 100 seedlings in the ground so far, (still a ton to start).

We are very upset this year, as we have babied our beds all spring, and now that things are growing in full swing...we are seeing spring sickness everywhere! Needless to say, we are really bummed. Hanging our heads low and ready for winter so we can start over, haha! It's really quite insane. This is the first we are seeing of it, and it is evident on at least 70% of what we have. how can this be!?

Last I read, they still don't know what the cause is (sounds like they are leaning towards a bulb bug of some sort), thus no known prevention or cure. So I guess, my question is, will this kill our plants? Or does it kinda go away after time, just causing ugliness for now?

Any and all experiences with it will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments (10)