SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ksgreenman

Posting a few more rose pics

ksgreenman
8 years ago

I don't actually have the time to do so, esp. with how long the photos take to upload doing it this way rather than thru photobucket, but the longer I put it off the longer it will take, so I will go ahead and get started. It has been cool and raining most of the week, so some things look battered. There were a few surprises though..

Here is another photo of Sophie's Perpetual. Can't say much bad about it, even if it does have a tiny touch of mildew is this unusual weather.

Now here is the true miracle. For one thing, even though this is the rainiest spring we've had in awhile, it is the first time I have seen any of these blossoms open until the heat of summer--in the past they have always balled in the spring. I find that the spring blossoms are larger and appear more double--in the summer the petals flatten out rather quickly rather than stay fluffed up like they are here.

Clotilde Soupert

This is a blossom from later in the week, closer to what Clotilde Soupert usually looks like. Still a miracle it is open in the rain. Mind, the bush is covered in what would be blossoms, most are still balling, but even the four or five that have opened are pretty much unprecedented.

Red Scentsation

Pretty Jessica

The only bloom from a band of Henri Martin

The first bloom from a band of Duchess of Portland. I think I'm going to like this one..

Constance Spry

and here are a couple of pics of Freddie Mercury, looking a bit more colorful than when he blooms in the heat of summer.

Aaand, that's my limit of 10 pics, more to follow as soon as i can get them uploaded.

Comments (20)