SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherri1058

Quick look at my latest floorplan, please?

9 years ago

I posted a few months ago and got some great suggestions, but since then have made some solid decisions. I am going with wall ovens: combi steam over convection, 36" cooktop, and 24" fridge and 18" freezer columns. We have decided that we will not move doors or windows, in other words, we are working with the existing space. We are also keeping our limestone floor. I have managed to get rid of a few odd jut-outs that I previously had which now makes the space a bit easier for me. I haven't decided on the exact sizes of the drawers - just that they will be drawers! I am also torn about the sink/dw placement. Not sure if I keep it where it is or put it on the opposite end of the island. I would appreciate any comments you might have.

The challenge that I have with this space is the irregular walls and ceiling heights that are the result of a couple previous additions. My biggest challenge is trying to unify the space with what is, in essence a 15" wide beam reducing my ceiling height to 6 1/2" from the right side of the range area down towards the island. Scale is 6" per square

About us: DH and myself. No kids, one cat. I cook most days and I bake occasionally. The kitchen is essentially mine. Our meals are generally in the dining room, although we do have a small table (to the left of the kitchen) that we use occasionally. We enter the house from a door that is directly below the sink area.

TIA for any comments or suggestions.

Gardenweb · More Info

Comments (18)