SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jejvtr_gw

Helping a friend - Please take a look at floorplan & advise

jejvtr
15 years ago

I'm offering to help actually not a friend, someone who my cabinet place referred to her. She came to see my kitchen and is excited to embark on her own remodel

I haven't been onsite but have garnered enough info to perhaps start the process.

A few things

House was her parents built in 1920 & she would like to keep the orig charm of an old house. There are 2 casement openings in the kitchen one leads to upstairs, the other to the basement - for budget purposes she would rather not move either.

-There is a DR & she would prefer not opening the kitchen to the DR

- See plan indicating Old Hutch - she considers that to be the "Grandmother" of the kitchen so if that can stay or ? be relocated. ***see pic***

- The "door" indicated at the refrig end of kitchen can be closed off if that helps

- The area near the rad is spec'd for a small cafe 2 chair type eating area.

- She had previously worked with a designer (see plans) but it ended poorly so she is skeptical about the process -

I told her I would go public w/her plans (she agreed) to the folks that helped me. I realize this space is tremendously challenging but knew if anyone was up to the task it would be you guys!

She is open to any all ideas - just wants a functional kitchen & realizes there isn't room for bells whistles and the likes. She is seriously considering white painted cab. Also, considering white carrera marble for counters but worries, that it may be too fancy for the space - i say worry not if that is your vision!

Her email to me "The designer layout is very similar to what I have now, except for centering the stove and moving the sink to the right. For the most part, I would like to work within the existing space, with the intention to be "historically sensitive". But the space is limited, so I am open to all suggestions."

Prior designers plans -existing space is relatively same

Her drawn plans

The "Grandmother" of the kitchen!

I know there are floorplan gurus here - I'm not one! Any and all efforts will surely be appreciated.

TIA

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!