SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vickima

How to Amend This Soil for Blueberries

vickima
8 years ago

Here is a Logan Labs soil report for my blueberry bed in north central MA. I have 6 plants, all about 5-6 years old in 150sf bed. I'm not very knowledgeable about these things, but what's throwing me in particular is the calcium. Someone said gypsum wouldn't help when calcium saturation is that low and that perhaps I should try dolomitic lime. If so, how much? I was going to use some sul-po-mag (in part because I have it on hand) but if I use dolomitic lime, perhaps that's not a good idea because of the mag. I know the lime might increase the ph but it seems I should do something to correct the calcium deficiency. I also wonder what you think is best for trace minerals: kelp meal? azomite? I try to be organic but make an exception to fertilize the bb with ammonium sulfate. I just read a long thread about watering potted bb with a dilute solution, and since I'm asking all these questions, I'll add one here about AS for bb plants in the ground. Is it better to irrigate with it more frequently or apply to ground a couple times a year? Thanks so much. As you might be able to tell, I'm very confused about what to do!

Comments (11)