SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joshing

Bathroom mirror sizing

marvelousmarvin
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I need some help with the getting the correct mirror sizes for the 2.5 baths in a townhouse I rent out. Is there a rule of thumb or something to determine how big the mirrors should be in a bathroom?

A couple of years ago, I I updated the bathrooms with new vanities, granite countertops, and new faucets. But, I don't think it helped as much I would have thought because I didn't completely remodel the bathrooms so it was missing the veneer of a totally updated bathroom.

One of the biggest problems is that I kept the original builder grade mirrors in the bathrooms, the ones that cover one wall in a bathroom:

I can see that new homes are using framed mirrors that aren't as big so I know I need to replace the current mirrors with framed ones but I'm not sure what size these mirrors need to be.

Its a bit confusing because I thought mirrors were good because they visually increased the size and reflected light so I would have thought that bigger mirrors is better. But, then you can't get any bigger than the current mirrors and that's the problem.

At what point, are the mirrors too large? And, at what point, are the mirrors too small?

Comments (16)