SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marigold33_gw

Veteran's Honor, Ingrid Bergman, Chrysler Imperial

Marigold33 NY-Z7
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

My mother has a big garden, they live only a mile away so I planted perennials, annuals and cared for the garden which was a lot of work and I decided stop. I have a smaller garden where I live.

I planted Veteran's Honor, at my mother's home, I loved it so much I got 2 of them. It blooms up to 3 weeks, and has a raspberry fragrance. The "huge" standout blooms lasted on the bush longer than I have seen on any other rose bushes. But it was a huge black spot magnet and the bush completely defoliates. Granted I'm always learning, but it took a few years to figure out I was using the wrong black spot defense. After research I changed, and saw a huge difference compared to what I was previously doing.

But through experience, Veteran's Honor black spots more than any bush I have cared for. I haven't used the new black spot defense on the 2 Veteran's Honor bushes that I planted at my mother's home, so I don't know how it will fare.

I'd like to purchase a new rose bush within the next few weeks. I'd like to know if anyone has experience with Ingrid Bergman and or Chrysler Imperial. I'm looking for performance comparable to VH but disease resistance is also key. I'd really appreciate any insight someone may have, thank you!

Comments (13)