SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

What shower tile with this slate and pebble flooring?

juddgirl2
8 years ago

I need to choose shower wall tile asap for DH's office/guest bathroom. The goal is a somewhat rustic look to complement the rest of the house and work with DH's vision. Other elements in the room will be a sliding barn entry door (maybe reclaimed wood or painted), the Restoration Hardware burnished steel medicine cabinet, and antique pewter sconces. Trim will be White Dove and I'm not sure about paint color yet.

For tile selection, we've ordered a black slate 12x24 for the bathroom floor and a flat multi-colored rectangular pebble for the shower floor and back of shower niches. I'm stuck now trying to choose a wall tile to complement these choices, and need to decide between a honed or tumbled natural stone vs. a matte white ceramic or porcelain tile (most likely in a 3x6 subway pattern).

Shown with the floor tiles is a tumbled crema marfil marble (but in 4x4). This seems to work with the slate and pebbles (love the soft, rustic look) but we're worried it might have a slight pink undertone. Ivory is good, pink not so much. Honed Carrera marble seems a bit too elegant and DH has nixed the idea of travertine. Even though we have travertine flooring in the other 2 bathrooms he doesn't like it for wall tiles and it doesn't fit with his vision for the bathroom.

Are there any other natural stones that don't veer too pink or yellow and that could work with the black slate and pebble floor? Would a matte white ceramic tile be best? I'm just not sure that would work with the pebbles, which are staying.

Thanks!

Comments (22)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County