SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arlenena

Sick Succulents - Help

I have 15 trays of succulents that I have taken care of for over a year for my daughters wedding in September. They have done beautifully and were looking great until about a month ago. From March to October they were on a shelf with partial sunlight. I ended up having to wrap the the shelf with chicken coop wire to keep the squirrels away. I was given a greenhouse in October to keep them alive over the winter and away from the squirrels. (that is whole different post) I live in South Texas and even in the winter it can get warm, but we do have some pretty harsh freezes. They survived our South Texas summer and then Winter. Spring comes along and BAM something happened. Not sure what happened, I started to notice on just a few of them dark brown or black on the leaves I really don't think I have over watered them as I have been very careful. I was told one day "When in doubt - drought" We have had some rainy humid days without sunshine. We had a beautiful low 80's day one day a couple of weeks ago so I moved them outside to get some fresh air for about 3 hours and moved them back in greenhouse. They are still in greenhouse now. During these past few days I have lost about 40 percent of them. I have called a succulent place in Austin and not much help. First said over watering then said fungus. Advise given was to repot them with fresh soil. I am willing to do this and it will be a tremendous amount of time. I just want to make sure that it will help and also want to make sure I do it right. Type of soil? Fungicide? Is there any hope? What do I do. I have attached a few photos. Thank you in advance for your help to save the centerpieces for wedding.

I know it looks like overwatering but I really don't think that is it.

Comments (27)