SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dima_z1163754

Full kitchen remodel - total choice paralysis :)

somedude
8 years ago

I've been reading obcessively all the threads, the interwebs, etc. and have "narrowed down" my choices for appliances for our remodel but just can't seem to finalize things. A common theme it seems :) We are settled on the configuration (I think) and here's what I'm currently thinking. Any feedback would be appreciated. I'd like to choose the more reliable option but between some of these it seems like a toss up.

Rangetop - Gas 36" with Griddle - Either BS RNB, Wolf, or Miele. Open vs closed is still a dilemma for me. I like the fit and finish of the wolf/Miele, but BS has some rugged charm and the kicka$$ burners. I wish there was better info on the Miele (especially the griddle). It's cheaper than the Wolf, but has higher rated burners and looks great.

Wall oven - 30" electric - Miele SensorTronic, Wolf E or M, or Bosch Benchmark. I know about the chipping issues on Wolf E, but since we don't bake much, I'm hopeful it would not affect me; would be rolling the dice I suppose. Bumping up to M series makes it get into the $$ category of Miele M-touch, so that's something tink about it too :)

Steam oven - Wolf transitional or Miele 6800XL. I want the 1.7cu ft ones and they both seem well liked.

Refrigerator - 48" Built-in - Columns make the most sence for our layiut I think so thats where I'm leaning (30" fridge + 18" freezer). It's between Thermador freedom columns, Sub-Zero columns, or Miele columns. It's getting pretty hard to justify the extra ~$3.5k for Miele/Sub-Zero over the Thermador. And if I did bump up, it seems to be a toss up between Miele and SZ, so hard to decide. They all have die hard fans and others that will "never buy them again".

Dishwasher - custom paneled - deciding between the Bosch benchmark and the Miele Dimension. Is there much of a difference there? They seem pretty close to each other.

Hood - builtin (48") as we'll have a custom cabinet over it. At this point I think it's a toss up between a Best and a Zephyr. What do you guys think?

Looking forward to hear from the knowledge base. I just can't seem to commit to anything :) This is very hard. Maybe the tie breaker is service in the area. Anyone have any experience with the above brands in the SF Bay Area (peninsula)?

Comments (22)