SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vanessa_martocchio

Tired side entry, that we use as main entry..please help

Nessdizzle Formally 6a, now 9b Central Florida
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Ok so we bought this 'fixer upper ' four years ago and have been doing as much as we can to update it inside and out...but one area were having the hardest time with is our side entry...the bottom stair is concrete and the previous owners wrote their names all in the concrete then covered with the awesome green fake grass rug -_-... The metal awning fell from the massive amounts of snow we got so we also have the nice cracked rotting clapboard above the cheesy metal door...their makeshift porch is the worst, the banisters are all loose to where my 6 year old could prolly kick it down. So here the dilemma..we want to update this whole area and need ideas of what we should do..also maybe some ideas for a roof over door perhaps or something to protect us from rain as we're trying to open the door...we will be painting the entire house a deep charcoal gray that ALMOST looks black, but clearly not black..just to give an idea. I was thinking of taking whole wooden attempt at a porch down and do open stairs that go from front as you see, to the left side up to where the entry wall starts..I was thinking of using stone for the risers so it would have the grayish tones to match the soon to be charcoal exterior but yet have warm gold tones throughout...please help with some suggestions because I'm at a loss! TIA

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths