SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jll0306

Semi and Mini Trailers...oh dear. Newbie assumes small = small

jll0306
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

So, as y'all know, I went slightly mini-mad recently. And then, I decided that small trailers would be nice, too.

29 minis and semi minis, and several GW AV sessions later, i read in someone's post that the semi mini and mini trailers could grow to be quite large. rah-roh...I haven't planned for LARGE plants. I hoped maybe he meant large relative to a small 2" pot size.... but apparently not, as I found this note under'culture of trailers'

Mini or semi- mini trailers will of course be too large for show if not confined.

So apparently, I'm going to have some very large plants. Some belated display planning advice is seriously needed.

This is what I have in the trailing department so far:

Minis: Jersey Girl Trail, Pixie Run Around Sport, Chilly Willy, Baby Brian. The article linked above tells me these can stay in 2 1/2" pots. But I would love to be able to show them off as hanging trailers, if they really trail. Do any of you display yours this way? What size pots are you using?

Semis: Broadway Star Trail, Wagga Wagga, Humpty Do, Amadie Trail, Whodunit

These, I read, should be moved to 3" pots immediately. If I keep potting up as they grow, what size pot will they eventually need?

And, finally, where do you find the hanging baskets that will hold shallow pan pots?

Thanks for your help,

Jan

Comments (33)