SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
estherb2

Had to transplant my Nelly Moser to clay soil location

My nasty vindictive co-op manager threatened to pull my Nelly Moser out of its beautifully loamy growing spot in front of my co-op if I did not remove it. He did not like the idea of plants that grow on trellises. He considers trellises dangerous or, in the case of mine made of swim noodles slipped over vertical stakes, ugly. I urgently called around to see if any of my friends wanted this beautiful plant. One friend supposedly conducted research and grandly announced to me that clematis is "an invasive species" and she could not allow that in her yard. First I've ever heard of clematis vines taking over one's yard. Another friend said I could plant Nelly in HIS yard. I purchased a pretty wrought iron trellis and hurried over to his home with my shovel, Nelly in a bucket and another bucket of water. I hacked out a hole big enough to contain Nelly in his pure clay junky soil, placed my Nelly in that hole with alfalfa cubes and Osmocote, replaced the soil, mulched it well with Scotts Naturescapes mulch and watered it with a bucket of water I'd brought from home.

Can Nelly survive this transplant, next to an azalea bush? It was the only spot in my friend's yard that wasn't covered in gravel (he made a geometric design of different colored gravels in his low-maintenance yard, separated by railroad ties).

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville