SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
capttrip55

Mower selection help, 2 acres, rough ground, 5k budget

9 years ago

We have about 2.8 acres and end up mowing around 2. There are about 14 trees to mow (with 20 inch diameter mulch around them) around as well as 2 utility buildings. This is a home out in the country and the ride is fairly rough. When we first moved in I had a 2006 Cub Cadet z-force 60 zero turn and it just beat the crap out of me so I got rid of it and went with a fairly cheap garden tractor (Husqvarna YTH24V48). The ride is better on this than it was on the cub but still not great and it bogs down easily in thick grass (I don't always have time to cut it as soon as I'd like to). It takes about 2.25 hours to mow with the tractor and leave about 20 minutes of trimming work. So we are in the market for a new mower that will ride better than the cub and get the job done in a decent amount of time. My max budget is 5k. I am completely open to suggestions but as I said I would like to have a more comfortable ride and preferably something that can get the yard mowed quicker. Below are some options I am considering but am open to other suggestions.

-Raven MPV- This should ride much more comfortably than anything else consider the large tire size and the shocks. It is supposed to mow well at 6mph and has a fairly tight (14 inch) turning raidius for a tractor. Also not supposed to bog down with thick stuff.

-Bad Boy zt elite 60 inch zero turn

-Swisher response 66 inch zero turn

Thanks!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional