SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19697693

Could you go purseless?

User
9 years ago

Or is it purse-free? Unpursed?

Not only have I not owned a dress in a decade, I stopped using a purse. I needed a new one but couldn't find one I liked (yes, I only had one purse at a time--imagine that!). I always carried a small purse, even when I worked and had a child, but I realized I didn't really need one when all I carried was a wallet, two keys, a comb, and Chapstick. I don't write checks while out, so I replaced my check-book style wallet with a small folded wallet, which I keep in my pants pocket. Keys and cell phone go in a coat pocket. Summers without pockets are a bit of a problem, but I suppose I could carry a summer purse. It's great to be free of the purse. I never have to worry about leaving it behind somewhere.

Comments (94)

• runninginplace
    9 years ago

Another who needs a purse, although I've consciously scaled down in size over the years. I suspect the no-purse contingent are folks who live a very simple life but if you've got places to go and things to do then you probably are going to need more than a pocket...for the keys and wallets and various misundry objects listed in this topic! More power to ya girls but I don't see myself ambling around in pants with a wallet, key and comb stuck in a pocket very soon, much less handing all my crap to my poor spouse to stick in HIS pockets :). Actually, trying to run my life so all I wear are pants with pockets would be a lot more aggravation than carrying a purse ever is!

• redtartan
    9 years ago

I must say, I'm actually a little shocked that so many have to carry around a purse. If I'm going anywhere where we need snacks or things to occupy us, I always just have a bag in the car. I can't imagine having to carry around a heavy purse loaded down in snacks on my shoulder. You big bag ladies must have a chiropractor on speed dial. LOL
    If we are out and about and need to carry something around, hubby and I take a backpack, that way we can switch off too. If I had a purse, no way he'd carry that around half the time. We did this moreso when the kids were young, but we still do it if we're out somewhere for the whole day walking around.
    I don't mind using a purse the odd time, but I do like how much money I've saved from all the years not buying purses.

• Related Discussions

if you could let your garden go fallow for a year...

Q

Comments (4)
    I don't think I could let it go fallow! Maybe something that wouldn't reseed and be hard to eradicate in the future? I am thinking like cucumbers, watermelon (small variety), other melons, gourds. Any other sprawling, vining fruit or veg. Indeterminate tomatoes can be left to vine on the ground actually. Not squash, which in my experience gets pests. Stick a little bird bath in there or birdfeeder (only use sunflower seeds becoz they are easy to identify if you want to pull them out - the other birdseed mix will just get you more weeds). This will be enjoyable for your baby, even a few months old will enjoy the flowers, fruits, and birds!
    ...See More

Refrigerator Help! Would you go bigger if you could go back?

Q

Comments (10)
    In the case of refrigerators, bigger is better. Since you're hoping to eliminate the deep freeze in the pantry, you will need to make sure you have PLENTY of freezer space. Many of the larger cu ft fridges have more fridge space but the freezer space is the same as smaller cu ft fridges. I second the Samsung recommendation. We have the Kenmore Elite badged Samsung counter depth. We chose the Kenmore version because with all else being the same, I liked the handles better. The one thing I didn't believe was true when the salesman said it, was that the fruits & veggies would stay fresh longer. Well, we've been in the new house 6 months and by golly, he was right! Pleasantly surprised :-) That would come in handy for storing the raw ingredients for the baby food. It is also quiet--you can't even hear it running except for when the ice drops into the bin. Some have reported problems with their icemakers, but we have had no problems--the icemaker will put itself in the 'Off' mode if the bin is super full. There's a reset button for that that I think alot of people miss. Since you're also looking at Kenmore, remember that Kenmore appliances are made by a myriad of different companies. In the fridge department alone you've got Whirlpool, LG, Kitchen Aid, Samsung & GE making refrigerators with a Kenmore badge. You'll want to check reviews on both the Kenmore badged refrigerator as well as the one with the manufacturer's label on it. Generally you can tell which manufacturer made a particular model by the ice maker and/or the cooling system design as they typically use the same ones in the Kenmore that they do in their regular lineup ;-) Here's a link to the full size Samsung that we bought the counter depth version of. It's one of the largest 36" wide refrigerators on the market at 29.6 cuft. It only has 1 review and the guy gave the fridge 1 star because he was having problems with the apps (yes, you read that right--the apps). Who buys a fridge for the apps, for heaven's sake?!? Anyway, hope this helps & congrats on your new baby! Here is a link that might be useful: Samsung 29.6 cu ft Refrigerator
    ...See More

If you could go anywhere this w/e --all expensive's paid

Q

Comments (51)
    This weekend is going to be too cold for me to want to go anywhere. But in even a best-case scenario, I never want to go very far anymore. The one place I would like to go back to is the Smokey Mountains. North Carolina. However, my cousin who lived there, and I loved so much, died a few months ago. And though I have traveled all over the US by myself, I either had someone to travel with or to come home to, and now I don't. It is too hard to go away and not have to hurry right back to take care of the animals. And even if I had someone to do that, I would worry about them too much. So, I would just go to the flea market, and enjoy hearing about your travels.
    ...See More

Only 60 more days without freezing temps? What could go wrong?!

Q

Comments (13)
    Above-ground growth (greening/swelling buds & shoots) can be badly damaged with temps down around 25 F for about 3 hours or more. Blankets and high-piled mulch can help but might be no match for wind. In 2016 there was a late-April low of 19, which killed everything above ground. The only thing whose buds survived above ground for me (out of about 100) was Lady in Red (mac-serrata hybrid). The erratic nature of Spring (now "winter" weather) is bothersome, especially with climate change occurring. (Sorry, if you're an avid gardener who doesn't acknowledge climate change - shame on you.) Friday there was a high of 82 here and Saturday night's low was 25. Ridiculous.
    ...See More
  • hhireno
    9 years ago

I need a purse for my essentials: tissues, sunglasses, phone, license, debit card, one credit card, lipstick/balm, reader glasses, a pen, and a change purse with money. I also have these non-essentials: a small Baggie with almonds (I'm not myself when I get hungry but I don't eat snickers bars), eye drops, an extra pair of contacts, an airline motion sickness bag (which is actually essential when it's needed at migraine time but luckily it's rarely needed). It's really not many items and I like the smallest, lightest purse I can find. Currently, it's a nylon cross body in taupe with a light blue interior (the inner beauty as its called by my friend in the fashion biz).

Funny sidenote: I was at a Chipotle last night and the 17 yo male clerk said, very enthusatically, "that's a nice blue shirt!" I must have made a bit of a face since it struck me odd that he commented at all and because it was an older tee from Coldwater Creek (my only item from that store) so I'm thinking why is he so bubbly about an old lady tee shirt? Noticing my perplexed expression he added "hasn't anyone mentioned your shirt today?!" Um, no. As I'm opening my purse and taking my change purse out he says "you must really like blue!" Um, I guess? "Well your shirt is blue and the inside of your purse is blue and your change purse is blue!" Ah, very observant, how much do I owe? He was certainly upbeat and friendly, which is a nice characteristic for a service worker, or any employee really. I should have stayed to observe him and see what he said to other customers. Good for him for finding a way to engage with people and make the transaction friendlier.

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Sas, I'd never heard of MZ Wallace and now I'm kinda mad at you. I want this one:

http://www.mzwallace.com/shop/products/8051065-0000/navy-twill-daisy

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

No way. I used to be able to get away with a mini which was more like a wallet on a string, but no more. I need a big one just to carry all those loyalty cards, credit cards, insurance cards, and key fob tags...let alone the cell phone and the tissues and comb and mints, etc. etc. And I never go anywhere without my health insurance cards. (I have visions of me bleeding to death in the ER while I'm trying to show proof of insurance!) It contains so much stuff that, unless I'm going very dressy, it's the one bag regardless of outfit. No way can I take the time to match my bag to the outfit on a regular basis. It'd be like packing for a trip! While I'd like to lighten the load, murphy's law has it that, whenever I leave something behind, even if it's something I haven't touched in a month of Sundays, I'll need it as soon as it's no longer with me.

The only time I go without a purse is if I'm going on a hike. Then I grab my keys and DL...and my walking stick!

I always get an over the shoulder so I can carry it hands free, and I always get one with the built in wallet so I don't have to worry about leaving the wallet behind anywhere or having someone lift it from the bag.

joanie, all my purses go over my shoulder and I never put it in a shopping cart...it is too easy for someone to grab it while your back is turned. I remember my MIL lost a pair of gloves that way...someone stole them off the shopping cart when her back was turned.

• debrak_2008
    9 years ago

Another comment on checks. Many small businesses don't take credit cards or really don't want to take them. Ex. my carpet cleaner, hair stylist, esthetician. I try not to use CCs at small businesses even if they do take them. Why? Because of the service fees to the business. That is why many have signs saying $10 or $20 minimum to use a cc. I think I will pull out one check out of each check book and just keep those in my wallet.

Loyalty cards. Not all work by phone number. Some need to be stamped or punched. I am going to look at the ones I have and see if I can reduce how many I carry.

• OutsidePlaying
    9 years ago

I can go without a purse on occasion when I put a little cash, keys and phone in a jacket pocket, but I cannot put a phone in my jeans pocket. It just feels weird to me. I do on occasion carry a cross body with a small travel wallet with just a couple of cards, ins card, and drivers license and a little cash, my reading glasses, tissues, & phone. But my purses have gotten larger as I got older, or at least that is how it seems. I can put my ipad mini air, my car key (by itself because it's a prox key), sunglasses, cell phone, an extra ring of keys (DD's house, condo keys, rental houses, etc) that I sometimes carry around, small hand sanitizer, toothbrush & toothpaste (sample size), small pill case, I don't know what else. Sounds like a lot of stuff and it is, but things I use periodically. And I always buy a bag with straps long enough to use as a shoulder bag.

I took a large safety pin and put a bunch of those mini-loyalty cards on it that I seldom used & put it in the console pocket of my car. If I knew I was going into a store I just looked for it in there. Threw a bunch of the large cards in the console too. I seldom use my console storage for much else.

• busybee3
    9 years ago

i have got to say, I do always need a purse when we're traveling- sometimes I will pack an additional tiny cross body bag depending on what type of trip we're taking... and i'll bring a purse if I'm spending an entire day shopping or visiting, etc... but for local errands, etc I much prefer not lugging it around- probably because I used to carry way too much in my purse! no snacks needed for 1/2 day outings now that the kids aren't little! always have gum in the car...

I know with local teens, the wristlets are popular, but I have always thought they would be so annoying flopping around on my wrist.... I also have never liked the purses with a handle designed to only hang over your forearm. I need something on my shoulder/back so that my hands/arms are free.

I like nice purses, but never shopped them for their designer name--- their size and how well they could hold and organize stuff was always most impt- and I like at least one full size zipped compartment... I also think about the weight now... made the mistake long ago of buying a large leather bag which I think weighed at least 5 lbs empty!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

I NEED my purse. I have my wallet, three checkbooks, my iPad mini, keys, a stash of cash, extra eyeglass case with glasses, keys, lipstick, pens, and my cell phone, and at times a Kindle. I don't think I've owned a pair of slacks with pockets for ages. I too, favor side zip slacks, or my very favorite slim pants that are a ponte knit fabric. I own four pairs of them and they are a staple in my wardrobe.

I love a purse that has several pockets as it makes it easier to locate what I need,

• violetwest
    9 years ago

I'd like to comment that I consider expensive designer purses a really ridiculous sign of over-consumption. If that's your thing and you have disposable income to waste on that stuff--fine; I'm not intending to insult anyone here. But I still think it's ridiculous.

• redtartan
    9 years ago

Holly- Kay I read your post as extra "eyeball". LOL I had to do a double take. Brain jumping ahead of my eyes.

• redtartan
    9 years ago

violetwest While I am a pretty low maintance kind of gal who doesn't spend much on clothing, hardly wears makeup and has never had a manicure in her life; whose to say what is ridiculous for someone else? Someone might spend a small fortune on a purse and while I can't really understand why someone would want to, I can understand that everyone has their own things that make them happy. I'm sure there are people that can't understand why I would want a new goat over a new purse. :)

• violetwest
    9 years ago

I agree. Conspicuous consumption bothers me in general.

and . . . I think I am cranky today.

• tinam61
    9 years ago

I actually use just a few of the loyalty cards - grocery store(s), pet store, drug store - and thankfully, all can be called up by phone number. I hate carrying those things around.

I have a few cross body bags, but I do not care for shoulder straps. My regular bags are the shorter straps - like a tote. I will never forget going to the dr. with my mom once. She had shoulder problems for years. The dr. walked over to the counter where her purse sat - and picked it up. He told her that was probably the root of her problem. LOL

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

As happy as I am to be finished with winter, I have been wondering what to do now that I no longer have my winter coat with interior pocket. I am so used to putting my wallet and phone (I, too, like the iPhone 4 b/c it is small) in that pocket and carrying my keys in the outside pockets. I am incredibly unhappy about this. I much prefer going purse-free! I walk quickly and much prefer being unencumbered wherever I am. I do not carry any extraneous stuff either, so a purse is really just irritating to me.

• User
    9 years ago

cyn427- the best compromise I've found is a cross-body purse. I use one when I go to the farmers markets.

Otherwise, I carry way too much stuff in my regular purses and my shoulder and neck can't hack it anymore.

• Moonshadow
    9 years ago

For those who are frustrated carrying all the loyalty/discount cards, there is an app for that :)
    I've been using it for years on my iphone. (There is an android version too.) It's super easy and free. When I'm checking out in a store they just scan my card's bar code stored within the app. Scanning works 90% of the time even with a screen protector. On the odd occasions a store's scanner might not pick up the bar code the cashier manually types in the numbers. That's all there is to it. I did not create a Key Ring account therefore I don't have access to some of the extra features offered within the app but I don't want those anyway. All I want is to access the card's bar code and some of the coupons that load in the app from certain stores.

https://keyringapp.com/

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

My ideal handbag/tote/purse situation is this: I'd have a medium size tote with all the usual junk in it, but also a small-but-not-too-small wristlet-type bag. The smaller bag would contain the bare essentials needed for the quick trip into the grocery store, bank, etc., and the tote would be left in the car most of the time. However, even my bare essentials are a bit unwieldy for a wristlet, esp. when I am not wearing a coat: sunglasses (okay, I usually push these up onto my head, like a headband), keys, iphone, and cash/cards. So I haven't mastered my ideal system just yet.

And yeah, I spend too much time thinking about this.

• debrak_2008
    9 years ago

This thread has inspired me to clean out my purse! Took out one check from each checkbook and put in my wallet. I would never need more than that on one outing.

Loyalty cards. Some are punched like Clarks, Maurices, MaidenForm, my tai chi class. I won't remember to put in my wallet before hand so those have to stay. The others I'm going to check each one when I use it next. If they can look up by phone number without a hassle, I will ditch the card. Oh, I just saw the post above about that app. May try that!

I'm not sure how much more I can reduce. I should keep a bag of stuff in my car.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

I never thought of leaving stuff in my car that I may not need while shopping but still want to have with me.....duh!! I'll be lightening my load and looking for a smaller purse!

• LynnNM
    9 years ago

Hello, my name is Lynn and I am a total purse addict (LOL). Well, actually, I just love the heck out of purses. I haven't counted them lately, but I probably have at least 20. To me, they are a great fashion accessory that works for me. And since, sadly, even those "Scarves For Dummies" videos can't seem to help me wear a scarf without looking like a 3 year old put it on me, I'm reduced to sticking with purses and jewelry as my fashion accessories. So, even if I could go without a purse (which I couldn't), I wouldn't want to.

I don't particularly care for short-handled purses, although I have a few. I absolutely can not wear wristlet purses because I talk with my hands a lot (LOL). I know without a doubt that I would end up smacking myself and/or anyone close to me with one of those! Although I do have a number of them, I don't necessarily have to have a "designer bag". I take care of my bags and they last for many years. I still use a beautiful, classic straw clutch that I bought in 1978 and DD (who has inherited my love of purses) talked me out of my ancient brown leather Coach bag and wears it with many of her jean outfits at college. I do like purses that aren't heavy and that are well-designed. And, these days, I prefer ones with an outside pocket for my cell phone.

• User
    9 years ago

Lynn, I'm also very particular about my purses.

Must have outside pockets for cell phone etc.

Must have decent closure for safety.

Must hang no lower than elbow, preferably with one flat strap, OR, have a long strap to go cross-body.

I've been on a handbag kick of late, damn you TJMaxx!!

• roarah
    9 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

After needing a diaper bag until recently I am so enjoying being bag free! I started to notice that everyone in the family , including DH, would use my bag to hold their water, wallet, glasses etc and it became a huge drag! I have a wallet on a string that has just enough room for my glasses, phone and a compact plus all of my family's passports when need be but the family must now carry their items themselves.

I will never look back, it is so freeing and easy to only carry the necessities. My shoulders, neck and back also feel 20years younger too!

• User
    9 years ago

roarah, my shoulders are starting to protest, big time! DH gladly carries my purse on his shoulder if I'm feeling particularly painful.

I'm glad he's secure like that, but something's gotta give!

• indygo
    9 years ago

I have two vintage Coach Willis bags that are cross-body with outside pockets and not too big. It holds everything I need and is easy to carry. It's such a perfect size that I have a darker one for winter and a lighter one for summer. Done. Sometimes on vacation I'll get used to a wristlet with a couple of cards, phone, and enough room to change glasses to sunglasses and back. It's nice, but I'm always afraid I'll leave it on a table.

• romy718
    9 years ago

I also, NEED my purse. I 'm a nurse, I carry a drugsore. Family & friends depend on me. Also- lipstick, chapstick, lipgloss, lipliner, eyeglasses cleaner & cloth, bandaids, a pen, hairpick, hairspray, checkbook and a wristlet that has my credit cards, cash, etc. I frequently just do the wristlet for a short errand. Recently, neck issues resulted in a downsize > Longchamp, very lightweight. After some physical therapy, I'm back in a normal purse.

• hhireno
    8 years ago

Speaking of Coach:

My Mum bought me a small Coach cross body bag at a thrift store. It looked to be in perfect condition. But, you knew there would be a but, it has a faint aroma of cigarette smoke and perfume on the inside. It disgusts me. I've tried stuffing it with newspaper but that didn't help. I may be hypersensitive to smells and someone else wouldn't notice it. Or everyone would notice and that's why it was cheap. I have it stuffed with more newspaper (since June) and will give it to my sister on her annual visit.

• redtartan
    8 years ago

hhireno Have you ever tried baking soda? Might be worth a shot.

• hhireno
    8 years ago

That's a good idea. I'll put an open box on baking soda in there until my sister gets the purse (in October). I don't love the strap, it's not flat, so I'll still pass the purse along to her even if the baking soda works. Thanks.

• MtnRdRedux
    8 years ago

HHireno,

I have come to find that odor is the bane of vintage or simply used handbags. ONe of the ones I bought in Tradesy had a musty smell. I tried everything, then took it to a leather cleaner. That worked quite well, but then using it helped, too. So I would recommend that. It cost me $25 to have it cleaned.

• hhireno
    8 years ago

Good to know for the future, Mtn.

Honestly, I don't care enough about the purse to spend more than the $1 for the box of baking soda. I'll mention leather cleaning as an option to my sister, if she still notices any smell.

• jakabedy
    8 years ago

Who are you people and where are you getting all these pockets? I have hardly anything pocketed in my wardrobe other than jeans, and I seldom wear those.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Then you need a purse. That was easy.

• redtartan
    8 years ago

I think it really is apparent that it comes down to what people need or at least like to have handy. I'm sure it also changes depending on age as well as health condition, like need for meds.
    As far as where I get all my pockets from? Why from the perfect accessory, the hubby. Just kidding. They do make dress pants with pockets in it, I have a few, but really I'm a jeans kind of girl. Well really I am a yoga pants kind of girl that forces herself to be a jeans girl when I'm out in public.
    I find I have enough room for my debit card, lip balm, a little cash if need and keys when I get out of the car. Everything else can stay in a car. Lately it's a mute point anyway since we're down to one car now and hubby has to drive me everywhere since we live in the middle of nowhere and his car is manual, which I don't know how to drive.
    I just hope all of you regular purse users are not like my mother who always, always, always has dirty used kleenexs in there. So gross. I love my mom, but gross.

• debrak_2008
    8 years ago

Went out last night to see a band in a bar. Left my wallet at home but took my purse. Left the purse in the car. Put my license in my pocket in case I got proofed (sadly I didn't). My phone would not fit in any of my pockets so DH got to put it in his. Somehow I managed without all my stuff. Needed a tissue and just went into the restroom.

Went to Kohls yesterday. Didn't have my Kohls credit card or rewards card. Took extra time but they looked them both up.

My phone and glasses take up a good chunk of space. I usually need to have my glasses with me to read. Anyone has a wristlet (not really sure what these are) or tiny purse that fits these?

Seriously thinking of putting a bag together to keep in my car so I can get a smaller purse.

I also don't know where all these pockets are coming from. Years ago when I had a motorcycle and wore a bikers jackets the pockets were great. I didn't carry a purse as everything fit in the multitude of large pockets. Now clothes seem to have no pockets are they are very tiny. Cost cutting I'm sure.

• maddielee
    8 years ago

Yesterday I received a catalogue from Sahalie (a company I have never heard of). They have this wrist wallet. Nothing I would be interested in but maybe would be handy for someone.

ML

• sheesh
    8 years ago

I've sewn a few of that type wristlet for my daughters who run, ML. Just right for phone, cash, and car key. They don't dangle, and they fit in their regular purses. The dangling wristlets make no sense at all to me, yet I see them on women fairly often.

• hhireno
    8 years ago

You know what's annoying? How big and bulky car keys are now. Back in the day when you had to manually unlock your door, the keys where small and flat. The worst is when using a rental car and both huge key fobs are on the same wire. Can't just tuck that sucker in a pocket and barely into my purse.

• debrak_2008
    8 years ago

Keys.....

This is my key chain. Now add a small flashlight and lots of keys and store loyalty tags. What is funny is that when I reach into my purse to find my keys I don't find them as easily. As I rummage around the first thing my hand is not this big persuader self defence stick. Instead my purse finds the small attached flashlight. If it wasn't for that flashlight I would never find my keys.

Another project is to find out what all my keys go to and eliminate as many as possible.

• roarah
    8 years ago

Debrak, I adore the ease of my mini hipster by Vera Bradley. It holds my real glasses, sunglasses, a small compact and lipstick, passports, phone, money, id and cards. It is my most practical wallet on a string but not my most glamorous. Let me know if you want something more luxurious I can point you in that direction too. But for an everyday wallet that functions as well as a small purse this one is so comfortable I often forget it is still on when I return home from walking my DH home from school, where I must always flash my id for security reasons.

https://www.verabradley.com/product/mini-hipster-crossbody/classic-black/1001916_179109.uts?fromSearch=1. The red image shows more of the bag than the black if you want to get a good idea of exactly how much this mini bag can hold.

• debrak_2008
    8 years ago

Thanks, roarah. I'm going to check into that! I also think I can get a strap for my 31 wallet. Its not big enough to carry my glasses but could function as a very small purse.

• PRO
    MDLN
    8 years ago

Great thread. I wonder if I can go purseless.....

I carry my car & house key on a lanyard, so it is easy to put around my neck & find in my purse. Just switched to coded house door lock, so probably don't need to carry that key.

• OutsidePlaying
    8 years ago

I have the small running version of the Spibelt. Not for everyone as it probably reminds you of the old fanny packs, but it is so lightweight you don't even know you are wearing it. And the small one does expand to fit a bunch of stuff like your phone and keys and lip balm easily. I've been thinking of getting this larger one, and now I notice they have a 'messenger' belt and even one for kids.

http://www.spibelt.com/products/limited-edition/large-pocket-spibelt

• busybee3
    8 years ago

shoot... changed some locks- debated the coded locks, but ended up sticking to the keyed only... thought i would probably want to carry the key anyway, just in case....

• joaniepoanie
    8 years ago

Hhireno.....I know you don't care about the purse but try the baking soda AND leaving it open on a covered porch or deck for a few days to air it out well.

Roarah....love that mini hipster..can't believe it holds all that for the size.

Outside......just might get the Spibelt for all the kids for Christmas. I always thought fanny pacs were so practical and was sad they became a joke. Sometimes practical should trump fashionable. They just make so much sense for traveling, jogging, a day at the amusement park, etc.

• debrak_2008
    8 years ago

Update, Went out Friday night without a purse for the 2nd time! Put my license, cash, and a credit card in one pocket of my jeans. My phone in the other. My phone didn't fit too well so most of the night it was on the table unsupervised which was not a good thing but didn't know what else to do. Needed my phone because we wanted to take lots of photos and I would have had to leave it in the hotel room which I didn't think was a good idea either. Where to put the phone seems to be the obstacle for going purseless.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

They make lanyard phone cases for around the neck.

Do you have a skinny wallet for your cash and ID?

• PRO
    MDLN
    8 years ago

So, how was it - being purselss?

I often wear vests, just for the pocket to put my phone in.

• debrak_2008
    8 years ago

I don't like purses that interfere with my outfit so anything around my neck I would not like. My two friends I was with brought very small purses but still did not want to wear them and especially not dance with them so they ended up just on the table.

I do feel I can now move to a much smaller purse. I liked being purseless except for having to keep watching my phone when dancing. My daughter has a phone case that you can put in your id, a cc or two and some cash. That would be convenient but still the size of the phone just doesn't fit in pockets well. At least not in jeans and its too warm now for jackets. Vests are interesting. I don't remember if I have ever owned one.

I didn't actually need my ID, unfortunately I wasn't proofed.

• User
    8 years ago

Im like the queen of England---or a toddler----i like to hold something. Luckily, since i have stuff hat needs toting around, my purse is dual function