SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peter_hatzakos

Water seepage through foundation and possible causes.

9 years ago

I read through some other articles but wanted to post and get some feedback regarding my personal situation. For the past 10+ years I would get seepage through my foundation whenever it would rain hard for a few hrs straight or steadily for a couple days. It's never really been a huge issue so I have dealt with it with a shop vac . Maybe 30 -50 gal on a bad storm. The seepage occurs right below where my main sewer line exits the house. The 2nd issue here is that I have a root issue as well so twice a year I snake the main sewer line and use rootx foam as a preventative measure. Today I actually did the maintenance and was surprised to see no roots at all. I usually pull a good amount out. Due to my home being at the end of a down sloping hill and last house on city sewer line I've had the city sewer back up into my home. The city has told me to call up every 6 months when I do my cleanout and they come and flush the line in the street. So my cleaning went without issues today but about 6 hrs later I noticed water seaping through the wall. No rain at all. Hasn't rained for days. Water was clear and not smelly. Called my plumber and he can't make it until tomorrow evening. I opened the sewer line trap to make sure it wasn't backed up and it's flowing fine. So my question is can my main sewer line be busted or is it ground water? And if so where would it be coming from if it hasn't rained. Another thing I don't understand is the curved pipe. What can it be? I have noticed it before but never questioned it. You can sort of see in the first pic 2 wet spots one on each side of pipe where water is coming in. My plumber asked me to turn all faucets off and see if I heard running water . His concern being that my water main was busted but if so my basement would be flooded . The 2nd picture posted shows the shut off valve for my sprinkler system which I have not turned on yet for the season. Can that have anything to do with it. Sorry for the long post but wanted fo see if anybody had any feedback .

Thanks

Comments (2)