SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephanie_cone9038

UPDATE on my "I Hate my Kohler Stages Sink", new Karbon facuet

Stephanie Cone
9 years ago

The issues I'd had with the sink were:

1. It was loud

2. It was set too far back from the edge of the counter, creating a strain on my back to use

3. Showed every drop of water, bit of food, etc.

4. Was positioned in our kitchen completely wrong for it's intended purpose as a "work station".

An update is that we bought and installed the Kohler Karbon faucet, as I found it on sale, and figured I could at least bring the water source foward a bit.

This has made A HUGE difference for us. HUGE. This faucet is truly incredible. The only foible I had with it was that in order to turn off the spray function, you had to turn off the water source and turn it on again. This ended up being remedied with a foot pedal installation I'd already ordered but hadn't installed, and now with the tap of a toe, I can toggle between spray and flow.

The other HUGE difference was that I bought several "after market" accessories that have greatly improved how WE use the sink. No, I may not set my chicken to thaw on the little ledge, but we now use the HECK out of this sink. We bought a strainer basket and 2 rollup drying racks, and pretty much only use the shelf as a catch basic for drying. I know that's a bit much, to have a very expensive sink that has a useful tray, but we can now dry everything (with the aid of those super cool $25 roll up drying racks) and STILL have a huge sink.

Now that we have the Karbon, no more back strain. I love this faucet.

Loudness is decreased as I put cushy cabinet liner underneath, and the water spots and things? Well, that's the nature of a SS sink. I still don't like that aspect, but it is what it is.

Long story short, I STILL think this sink is ideal for an island placement or a wall placement that has NO upper cabinets. However, we have found that because of it's flexibility, we can definitely use it in a way where we feel that it's useful, even if it doesn't match the video.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio