SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilovemytrees

Got Lilacs shrubs today, and they are gorgeous. Have a question.

ilovemytrees
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Hi!

First off, let me give a shout out to Newgardenplants.com. I ordered from them for the first time last week, and I can only say I wish I had ordered all of my shrubs that I own, through them. Their prices are unbelievably fair, the shipping price is fair and the Declaration Lilac shrubs I got yesterday are GORGEOUS! It is so nice not to have rootbound shrubs to plant. I will never get anything from my local nursery again. My new little shrubs are so healthy and beautiful. Plus they included a free plant called Agastache x Tutti Frutti, which I have never heard of, but it is cute.

I don't get it though, as they are in Michigan, and yet these little lilacs are FULLY leafed out. How can that be? I'm in Zone 5/6 and the leaves are just now starting to come out.

Okay, so Newgardenplants.com left a paper saying to not plant them until ALL threats from frosts (much less freezes) have passed. Well, we are in the middle of a frigid weather pattern,(broke a cold temp record yesterday
even) and tonight my particular area could get down to the teens, so I know I can't plant these Lilacs for another 2-3 weeks. My question is since these Lilacs require full sun, will full sun through a large window count? I ask this because I know that a person can''t make vitamin D from sun exposure through a window. I know, I know, Lilacs are not humans, and this isn't about making vitamin D, but it is about their need for sun for their own needs and their own processes ie: Blooms.

Edited to add here is a link to the exact shrub I got from them. http://newgardenplants.com/productdetails.aspx?product=Declaration-Lilac&prodID=563

Comments (2)