SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diordiah

Rooting Aloe Vera

Danielle Stewart
9 years ago

This will be my first post here, but I have been lurking around for several months! (Please be kind!)

I have had several varieties of aloe vera growing in a windowsill for a while now, and a little bit ago, my cat knocked over one of them. And of course, broke off a couple leaves. I thought I could try rooting them, so I followed a couple steps to try to do this correctly. What's the worst that could happen, right? Somehow, I successfully grew roots on both of the leaves, but now I am confused.

I don't know what to expect now! I know the roots are there, and seems to have latched into the soil, because I can't pull them up with a gentle tug anymore (they seem to be in there really well now). I don't think the leaves are rotting away either, they seem very plump and not at all turning brown.

I have tried to google the steps of aloe vera propagation, but I'm just not finding much information or pictures of what it should be looking like at this point.

My question is: What should I start to look for now? Should new, tiny leaves be popping up? Or something else entirely I should be waiting for?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio