SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
strawchicago

Internet: What's useful, what's contradictory, and what saves money?

strawchicago z5
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Internet saves us money. My husband fixed our refrigerator, stove, dryer, door-bell, computer, car all through the internet. If I was smart enough to google "picture of athlete's foot fungal infection", I would had realized that's exactly how my RIGHT hand looked like. Instead I went to the doctor twice, and wasted $$$ on prescribed medications that didn't work. My having 3 siblings who are M.D's, plus one M.D. brother in law didn't help.

It's a FUNGAL infection, since it went on for 3 yrs (after constant friction in garden's gloves) & only on right hand. What stopped the itch was $1.29 of apple cider vinegar and 50 cents of hydrogen peroxide, both are anti-fungal & anti-bacterial. I learned that from eczema sites.

Lots of contradictions on the internet, esp. in health. I broke out laughing when I saw a government site on kidney stones: One statement says to avoid anti-acids with calcium. The next statement tells people to get plenty of calcium in their diet. It used to be "You should take calcium". Now, "calcium is bad for your heart, should take magnesium".

Amazon reviews are a zoo. There's this pants with 30 FAKED positive reviews, except for the newest one: the person complained that it shrank. I was dumb enough to buy the pants, yes, it shrank !! I write lots of reviews for Amazon, and update them according to their performance over the years. But lots of Amazon reviews are faked, and very amusing, see the below:

Fresh Whole Rabbit
by Cloverdale
337 customer reviews

3,668 of 3,892 people found the following review helpful
I know what it's like to be a feral dog
By M. Rosen on August 6, 2007

"Like many suburban homeowners, I like to kill and eat the wild animals that populate my backyard. To keep it sporting, I hunt naked, with my teeth and long sharpened fingernails as my only weapons. I've feasted on squirrel, raccoon, vole and numerous songbirds. But no matter how long I lay spread eagle and motionless in the hot noonday sun, I have never been able to outwit and catch any of the plump and juicy rabbits that hop just outside my reach and then bolt for the woods when I leap forward with a blood-curdling shriek. I have chased them at a dead run through the yards of the many unoccupied homes that surround mine but the pursuit always ends in frustration. But no more, thanks to Amazon. Every week, I order a fresh whole rabbit and affix it to a remote control car that is operated by one of my children. This way, I get the thrill of the hunt, and when the car's batteries are exhausted, I can leap upon it, bury my teeth into the rabbit's soft flesh and perform my ritual victory dance right there in the Walgreen's parking lot."

Here is a link that might be useful: Fresh whole rabbit on Amazon

Comments (7)