SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimber101

Weeds it's all WEEDS...

kimber101
9 years ago

Hello,

So I have been reading this forum about lawn weeds but I need a little bit more help.

I live in central Florida. My yard has different grasses in different parts of the yard (don't ask why, I don't know). The back yard is the size of a football field with thin grass & next to 0 weeds which is odd since I have a dry lake bed full of weeds. My front yard is/was a thick st. Augustine I think, but now it is FULL of weeds. I can name a few, some saw thistle, spurge weed in some areas, mimosa weeds popping up all over the front & side yard. I don't no what one of the weeds is called & can't find it on the web but it kinda looks like a dichondra very large patches & it is spongy with very small purple flowers & it's taking over the entire front yard. I was able to pull a lot of it up by hand & could see my grass trying to grow in but this stuff is sucking the life out of it. That is just a few I see in the yard. I'm not sure what to do.

What should I use to kill all of this & more with? Any chance of saving the grass that I have under this? My one worry is I have ilex shilling hedges outlining my grass & two crape myrtle in the front yard & I DO NOT want to cause any harm to them.

Thanks, I hope someone can help.

-Kimber

Comments (2)