SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bahamadan

Avocado Variety Identification

BahamaDan Zone 12b Subtropics
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Greetings all,

Would it be possible for someone to give me an idea of what type of avocado this might be, based on its shape/color/size/etc? My grandmother has had a tree for a few decades (it's very large now) and it produces these nice smooth-skinned avocados that get fairly large (I have big hands). They're usually ripe in the fall, around October, and I'm not sure whether the tree has A or B type flowers. The color when ripe is also very similar to in the picture as well, if that helps.

Thanks in advance! :D

Edit: One reason I ask is because the small avocado tree that we've had planted at home for a few years is finally holding a fruit this year, and I'm thinking about trying to graft a scion from one of my grandmother's trees (she has two, but one must be an alternate bearer because it hardly ever fruits) onto my tree at home so that I have the benefit of multiple fruit types, potentially extended seasons, as well as helping my trees original avocados get pollinated. The baby fruit on mine is red, if that stands out to anyone as a particular variety.....

Comment

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions