SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bayarea_girl

Good things come to those who wait :)

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

I want to share an experience involving my quest for a favorite red velvet rose.

I have been looking for Black Magic rose for a few years. I saw it as tree rose at a nursery a few years ago and it is beautiful. Unfortunately, they don't have any on regular bush size so I told myself I could buy it the following years when they had it. Unfortunately, it was no longer sold by any rose nurseries after that. Last year J&P listed as bare roots for a short time and it was quickly sold out. I was able to order two of them but there were some problems with bare roots of J&P last year that my bare roots and others' didn't come out of dormancy.

Many has been very helpful in pointing me to the Buy From tab at HMF. Unfortunately, I found out that HMF doesn't keep up to date the sources on "Buy From" tab :)

I was till keeping searching for it and saw it for sell on a not "reputable" rose nursery, I still placed an order for 3 Black Magic with them. As expected, the roses didn't come through. I was able to get the refund through PayPal.

I kept on searching for it every once in a while in case someone may sell it. I got lucky last night when I came across bluebuster77 comment on HMF that he/she found the 5-gal potted Black Magic at Regan. Bluebuster77, if you read this, thank you for your comment :) I am able to pick up 3 Black Magic at Regan today. One will go to my mom for the coming Mother's Day. LOL, I got the love for red velvet rose from her :)

Through my story, I want to say to those who are still looking for a favorite rose, just keep looking (I know sometimes when you couldn't buy it, it is not easy to "beg" for a cutting and people may not give it to you..), I believe soon or later you will get your rose or something close to it "Good things come to those who wait" :)

P/S: Regan still has at least one Black Magic left in stock so if you live
near by and are looking for it, then you should check it out.

Comments (10)