SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joe_brooks43

GE Induction Range Problem

Joe Brooks
9 years ago

I have a GE PHB920SFSS induction range that I bought last summer. It worked great until a couple of months ago when my wife had a couple of instances where she would turn on a hob and it would turn itself off after a few seconds. It was an intermittent issue and of course when I tried it it worked fine. After a few weeks I finally had it happen to me, but it was still a rare occurrence and we could still cook on it pretty worry free.

Then last night just as dinner was almost finished the range quit. All the hobs would work for at most a few seconds then turn off. I turned the power off at the circuit breaker then back on after a minute or so. When I tried to turn of a hob it turned off and the clock displayed a FA92 error, whatever that is. We had baked some cornbread at 400 Degrees before the error occurred. The owners manual says that an F*** error can occur if the range is overheated so I opened the oven so it could cool down and a few minutes later I was finally able to get one hob to stay on.

The range worked fine for breakfast this morning. But then dinnertime came around again.

Dinner tonight is a strictly stove top affair. Right from the start we could not get the hob to stay on. Finally I again cycled the power at the circuit breaker. The first time I tried the range after turning the power back on I got a FA92 error. A few minutes later I was able to get a hob to stay on. My wife hasn't hollered at me so I guess it is still working.

Has anyone had a similar problem with their range? Or heard about such a problem?

I will call for service tomorrow but I am afraid the problem is still too intermittent for GE to take it seriously.

Any advice is appreciated.

Comments (5)