SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purslanegarden

Guess I should change feeders at night or early morning

purslanegarden
9 years ago

I was changing them this afternoon, thinking that the birds will have a few more hours of new and fresh drinks to sip on. That should be good for them, right?

As I was putting up the 2nd feeder, one of the hummers just appeared out of nowhere. I have noticed that they don't see to sit in a tree and watch the area to make sure it's safe, like other birds do. They just zoom in, zoom out of the feeder area. So it appears suddenly, is almost shocked that my hand is in the position to hang the feeder (so the feeder *is* still there, according to the bird). I made the mistake of moving my hand down so I could see it, my eyes being just about 2 feet away from this bird, instead of keeping my hand still.

That movement of the hand was the last straw and the bird zoomed off. Hope he will come back. That feeder was getting at least one regular visitor, which should have been him/it.

I may have actually scared off the visitor to feeder #1 also, since I was nearby to it when he appeared yesterday afternoon. I haven't seen him today as I look out at the feeder randomly, which I had been doing in the last few days when I realized he was now regularly visiting this feeder.

Comments (7)