SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
magdalenalee_gw

Redoing pantry - need my consultants!

MagdalenaLee
9 years ago

When we built our house, the pantry was always meant to have a cabinet with a counter top and shelves above. Instead, we got some dinky shelves and put a wire free-standing shelf underneath. It's totally functional as is but not what I wanted, so we are finally getting around to prettying it up (the other pantry thread is perfect timing!).

I don't want to spend much money so DH has trimmed out the shelves and installed a stock cabinet from Lowes. Next, we are going to tile the counter top with tile we had left over from our laundry room. So those are the givens.

What's up in the air:

- Paint for the walls and shelves. I want the same color for both, something neutral but not too white. So far, I like BM Misty Air. Has kind of a gray tone. But I'm open to suggestions. The kitchen paint color is SW Ecru. Which I dislike and will be changing at some point.

- I have no idea what color to paint the cabinet. I don't want to stain it because it's a cheap cabinet and I would never be able to match my Alder kitchen cabinets.

---I have leftover paint from the laundry room cabinets, but not sure if the green (EK Tulip Leaf) would work well next to my stained/black combo kitchen cabinets. At first I thought it would look good to coordinate the pantry and laundry room but the two rooms are no where near each other.

---My second thought is to paint the cabinet black like my kitchen cabinet except I wouldn't be able to duplicate the distressing, or does that even matter?

---Or some other color . . .

So here are some pics, hopefully they will unconvolute the above!

Here's the pantry with the cabinet installed and the trim on the shelves. (yes DH started working before I was able to take out all the food!)

The pantry is located in the corner of the kitchen and here is what you see to the left and right of the pantry while standing in the doorway:

This is an up-close of the black kitchen cabinet:

Here is my laundry room cabinet and tile. The tile for the pantry is exactly the same. I'm considering using the same paint color. The cabinet on the left most accurately reflects the paint color:

Here is the tile actually laid out in the pantry and a swatch of the paint color I'm considering:

Paint for walls? Paint for cabinet?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz