SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieboulangerie

Pantry/Crawlspace access re-do

julieboulangerie
11 years ago

Long time lurker, first real question posted! The confession: I have 90s oak builder grade cabinets, white laminate countertops, and vinyl flooring with gigantic scratches. Oh, the horror. I'm saving money to do it right, but it's going to be a few years.

Unfortunately, the storage space in this kitchen is lacking, but I do have a pantry-type space that I would like to do something with. It currently has some narrow shelving, and I've added some hooks and lots of my stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. It also happens to function as the wine cellar.

Dimensions:
4 feet wide, 6.5 feet deep, Ceiling at entrance is 8 feet, but slopes and is at 4 feet at the back of the closet (due to stairs).

Caveats:
There is crawlspace access in this area, so I cannot install something permanent that disallows access. I do not ever access it, but it's likely at some point in the future (not often) that a contractor would need to do so. Some emptying work is expected if someone ever needs access.

So what can I do with this space to make it more functional? I need organized storage space for both food and non-food items. The carpet is coming out when I replace the kitchen flooring in a couple of months.

EDIT: Added Dimensions and re-oriented photo.

This post was edited by julieboulangerie on Sun, Jan 6, 13 at 20:29

Comments (6)