SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
71corvette

Need help getting started with landscape design

71corvette
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

xHey all, I need some help. Last summer my wife and I added a farmers porch to the front of the house. This year we want to tackle landscaping. The problem is we're really drawing a blank on how best to have this all come together. We know we want a walkway of some sort, some low-maintenance plans, shrubs and perhaps a tree or two, but otherwise we're having a tough time.

For instance, should the bed line be a strip that simply parallels the house, or should we go for something more grandiose (we're thinking the latter)? Also, on the right side of the house (where the porch wraps around) how do we end the landscaping so that it doesn't look odd?

When we built the porch we were anticipating raising the grade along the driveway a bit which is why the porch skirt board isn't quite parallel with the ground on that side of the porch.

I've toyed with the idea of hiring a landscape architect, and I've done some online searches, but I have no idea how to go about selecting one or how much it would cost.

I've attached a few photos of the porch below to give folks a sense of what we're working with. Any suggestions are definitely welcome!

Comments (26)