SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cliffpruitt

Yellow Elder - Leaves Spotty and Dying. Help Identify Problem?

Cliff Pruitt
9 years ago

I have a small Yellow Elder (Tecoma Stans) in a pot. Drainage is good and the plant has been generally healthy since I bought it early last fall. I noticed recently that a lot of the leaves had started yellowing and dying. Many had dropped or would fall off at the slightest touch. When I looked, the leaves had a lot of small brown spots on the underside. The weather here in central FL has started to get good and warm already leading me to wonder if this is a fungus of some sort. The spots wipe off if I brush the underside of the leaf.

From the attached photo can anyone venture a guess as to what the culprit might be and what I can do to treat it? I removed the affected leaves but am already seeing others start to show spotting. It's an ugly little bush right now but I kinda like this plant for whatever reason and I'd really like to keep it healthy and in a generally "not dead" condition.

Thanks!

(Side note: I'm not sure if this would be better posted in another forum. I looked but didn't see any that seemed particularly appropriate for general disease questions.)

Comment (1)