SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aemedic

Floorplan Review Please...

Chris
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

We are working with a builder to build a home in Idaho. My family of four (one 5yr old and one 10yr old) will be moving into the home when I retire from the Air Force.

We are thinking of a few changes but not sure if we have though of everything.

The large garage bay is for an RV and will have a 14' door and will be 41' internal space deep.

I'm thinking that the back bedroom en-suite should be done away with and a powder room should be added somewhere near the laundry.

It will have spray foam insulation regardless of it being cost effective. I want it sealed up and insulated , and I want NO settling.

Tankless water heater.

Gas or wood fireplace? I love the smell and the crackle of burning wood but not sure I always want to store and split the wood. I am leaning towards gas but I want it to be functional and good looking...

The office in the front of the house might be too small for my wife and I to share and her do crafts in... might have to consider a change. Our plan for the flex room is for a kids play room, the office could do that for them but we're not sure we want that so close to the living room...

We have never had an open kitchen like this and we are concerned about displaying our mess. The flipside is that anyone working in the kitchen is still involved with those in the living room...

Any opinions or advice?

House Plans · More Info

Comments (26)