SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ybchat67

Cabinet choice with resale in mind

ybchat67
9 years ago

I am trying to decide what wood/paint I should go with for my cabinets. We have saltillo floors in our entire downstairs. We live in SoCal, so saltillo floors are somewhat common. Our style is simple, rustic transitional. There is a definite possibility that we will move in 5 years. The main reason would be so that we could have a larger house. So appeal to future buyers is at least a partial concern. And without a doubt we will get simple shaker doors and drawers.

For almost 15 years, I have wanted white cabinets with soapstone counters. I love the look!! In reality, I am not sure if we can afford soapstone. If not, I would get a matte black granite.

I love this gardenweb kitchen. I would like a backsplash like below, but I would maybe do something more plain.

Here is a kitchen with Saltillo and some of it with white cabs and black counters. The wall color is similar to our current color. I would only do matte black counters and I would not do an orange backsplash.

However, we go the catalogue for Schuler cabs and I absolutely LOVE their cappuccino quartersawn oak cabs. They will look awesome with the floors and match in style perfectly. I think they will also show less wear. But they aren't typical and I fear they might really throw some people off. Kitchens in our price range usually have white with door styles like above, honey maple, or darkish brown. I think white counters would go best in our kitchen since we only have the one window. I would not do white cabs also.

So what do you think with resale in mind? Thanks!!

Comments (11)