SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlc712

Your siblings?

jlc712
9 years ago

Do you have good relationships with your siblings? Thinking about this subject quite a bit lately.

I'm the oldest child, with two younger brothers. I'm close with my middle brother, and his wife, and love them dearly.

My youngest brother (7 years younger) and his wife... We live in the same town and hardly speak, except at family functions. Without getting into too many gory details, they have both had problems with prescription drug abuse, and have put my parents through hell over the past few years. I worry about them and their son all the time, but I'm also just so ANGRY at them. Their level of drama and weirdness makes me not want to be around them.

It's very sad, and I think I'm grieving for how my family used to be, before all this happened. I feel guilty about the way I feel about them, if that makes sense. I have always loved spending time with my family, but not so much anymore. It's a relief when my brother and SIL aren't there.

How do you deal with situations like this with your siblings? Do you just accept it, and move on?

Comments (33)