SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindywhitall

Conestoga Cabinets: colourtones vs prism paint

cindywhitall
9 years ago

I am probably going to order Conestoga cabinet doors in white, but I don't know what color. I already have a sample of Dover white from Barker doors that matches well with my face frames.

Conestoga offers Dover white, but only in their Prism paints and not the Colourtones. The price difference is 34% higher for the Prism paint. He quoted me the prism Dover white and the Colourtones in Crystal White.

Barker doors doesn't have as many options and I think their drawers cost more. I am going to price them out for the exact same door sizes etc.

This is the door I want, with the Louis XIII panel raise. I think the raise is what dresses it up vs a slant raise. conestoga door with LouisXIII raise

This is the closest I can find on Barker doors Barker doors, windsor

It is hard to compare them because of the different finished on them. Obviously the glaze on the conestoga is highlighting the panel raise. Can anybody give an opinion on how similar they might really be?

Is Prsim paint better than Colourtones, and how do either compare with Barker's method?

I want to like the barker door because I know the paint color is perfect, but I want the most durable of the 3 paint choices, combined with the best door. I also don't know Barker's final price. I will be working on that today.

Comments (3)