SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bill_levasseur

Maytag dryer almost catching close on FIRE!

9 years ago

Hey all!

Wife said clothes were too hot to touch. Got home and tried to start the dryer, and it wouldn't start. All lights lit up, and just a "click" from the control board.

I did some research (thank YOU on this website!), and found my thermal fuse was blown.

Got a new one as well as a brand new hard duct system.

Installed new fuse, cleaned entire dryer inside (even the blower motor, inlet duct, etc). Ran the empty dryer with the vent off, and the blower cover off. Everything spun great. Then installed brand new dryer vent. The house exit is only about 4 inches above the dryer top, and about 15" till its outside. Very short run.

Started right up. Ran for a few minutes. And I turned it off.

Job complete! NOPE!

Today my wife threw a load of wet clothes in. About 20 minutes later, the laundry room is FULL of smoke. The smoke alarm even went off. But the dryer was still running like nothing was wrong.

I turned it off, and opened the door. More smoke. Grabbed the clothes out, and they are almost MELTED. The rubber waistband of our sons soccer pants are actually melted and sticky. The clothes smell like burning rubber. And we literally cant touch them.

So, did a code check. Got F30 and F25. I am lost...

I know it can't be a venting issue. It is all brand new. But shouldn't the thermal fuse have blown again? Its crazy.... please advise!

Comment