SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
britni_rice

Starting out with lots of Questions about my Succulents!

Britni Rice
9 years ago

Good afternoon ladies/gentlemen! I have a few questions for you all!
I'm in the process of getting my well water tested straight from the well as that's what I use to water my plants. So I'm not sure if it's better to use this water or my water that's gone through my kinetico softener system?
I created a mixture of 1 bag miracle grow cactus potting soil, a tiny pebble gravel, and 1 bag of perlite in a trash can as my base. Then mixed a small (very small) bag of "beach sand" lowes sold with a few cups of my base mix and was hoping it would be nice and fast draining like I've read succulents enjoy. (anyone have any ideas if this is all ok? Should I add/subtract anything from my list?)

Now I've read into people adding nitrogen to a fertilizing regimen and using a 2-7-7 fertilizer every watering?
Vinegar? Acififying the water? Thoughts on it? 5% solution is what I've caught.

Also Should any propagation with an open wound sit out till end scabbed over and rooting? does it need to be over dirt if I will have pots for them by the time they root?

Can the ones that were just pulled up by the roots just be planted immediately?

I apologize for all the questions I'm just starting up now and want to be sure they grow before I start blowing a lot of money on them! I took some propagation's off some plants at a friends to start. (Neither of us know what they are lol)

heres a couple of what ive done

PLEASE ANY TIPS!! Im not sure why ive drawn so strongly towards succulents but I see this being a LONG and EXPENSIVE hobby hahaha!

Britni

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals