SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexamorrie

What would you do where window abuts backsplash

alexamorrie
9 years ago

I'm going with Zodiaq Coarse Carrara 3 cm thick on both my counters and as a backsplash.

There is one little problem and I'm not sure what to do. The wood trim around my window is only 1/2" thick. The backsplash will be approx. 1 1/4" thick (3cm). Which means the backsplash will look odd next to the window frame. I really don't want to invest in adding new trim to the window.

I want to get the eased/polished edge profile on the counters but that will make the difference between the wood trim and backsplash the most obvious.

I could get a 1/4 bevel - it will still stick beyond but stick out a little less? If I do, does that mean I should get 1/4 bevel on the countertops too?

Other choices of edge is 3/8 round, half bullnose, demi bullnose and full bullnose - but I really don't care for those.

Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do?

Is this something I just do and live with it? There is no option of thinner material.

This is a piece of 3 cm River White Granite that I will not be using, but it is an example of what my Zodiaq quartz it will look like with the eased edge.

Comments (16)