SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vp_78

questions regarding a mandarin and a meyer lemon

vp_78
9 years ago

Ok, I have two different citrus trees. First, I have a tango mandarin that for the first time looks fantastic. It's filled with dark green leaves. Not a lot of blooms, but the baby fruits that are there are growing nicely. I treated with Agri-fos about 3 weeks ago because of the huge volume of rain we received this spring. Now I'm noticing some faint lighter colored spotting on some of the leaves, and the leaves are slightly cupping inward (imagine the center vein on the leaf; the leaf is folding inward along that vein or "seam). What to do? I can post pics later when I get home. Oh, and I fertilized in early February.

For my meyer lemon... it's a dwarf variety and it's in a container, and it has been suffering from scale for probably a year and a half. Every time I think it's gone, it comes back. I removed all of the buds last year to try and promote healing and leaf growth. I do have new leaf growth now, along with a few buds, but is it time to give up the ship? I'll keep it up if I can save it and get it to fruit, but if not, I'm tempted to start anew. Any insight is appreciated!!!

Comments (2)