SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
koikeeper1980

Kois lying at the bottom and straight up on pond

koikeeper1980
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Hello,

I have a 12x14 size Koi pond in my home where I have been growing kois for the last 1.5 years without any problem. Two days before I saw one koi lying dead at the bottom of the pond - it's stomach was bloated and it scales were slightly protruded. Since I live in India there aren't any Koi doctors anywhere near my town so I called the pond seller (they are a very nice set of people and not money minded) - I send a photo to them and they told it looks like Dropsy (photo attached).

I disposed the fish off in the morning and when I came home in the afternoon I saw all the fishes (about 20 of them - 6" to 24") sitting straight without much of movement under the pond - this is when I knew there was something wrong. After that this is what we have done:

1) Changed the water about 50%

2) Cleaned all the filter media and put them back.

3) Added salt.

4) Added a medicine to reduce stress.

5) Added one more medicine to kill parasites.

6) Checked the PH, Salt level and Temperature and everything looks fine.

It's been two days since and nothing has changed. Today I was advised to give the tank another 10% water change and add this medicine called Koi Aid (Anti Micro Parasites) which I am going to do now but I'm very worried that I might loose all of them.

I have attached photos of some of the fishes in the pond. Please help me with getting them back to normal - they have almost become like a part of my family and we are all very depressed since the last 3 days - havent even gone out of home this whole time.

I see that some others in this forum have also had similar issues - if you are one of them please tell me if they recovered and if so what you did.

We are in need of help despeartely to save these souls.

Thanks in Advance for any help or advise you can give.

The first one that died:

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert