SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jdb636

First koi pond up and running

JDB636
9 years ago

So my fianc� and I just got our pond running . The pond is about 2100 gallons 12'x10'x3' rough dimensions. We filled the pond and let it sit for a week until I was able to get the correct fittings for the pump and filter put on. The filter and pump have been running for about 24hours and so far everything looks good including the small stream/waterfall that we added. After we installed the liner we used field stone around the edge which had a descent amount of dirt on the rocks, now the water looks all muddy like lake water if not a bit more cloudy. My question is this, should I be doing something to clear up the water, will it clear up on its own? I was thinking about completely draining cleaning and refilling the pond but I'd rather not. I have the beneficial bacteria (powder) additive to help the cycling process along and also purchased some salt from a local pond store as the guy highly recommended it. Should I wait to add these things until my water clears up or can I just go ahead with them. I'd like to get koi in here ASAP but want to make sure I do everything the right way! Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance I look forward to reading your responses.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor