SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn2112

Potted Rose - Rose Storage Question

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Hello,

We are the process of a temporary and then permanent move. We sold our home and must be out of it by the end of the month, but our new home will not be ready for move-in until the end of next month. I am taking about 65 of my roses with me, some are bands, one gallon plants, and others are roses that I dug up an placed in pots prior to listing our current home. Here's my dilemma, the condo that we will be living in for a month has a patio that will accommodate about 30-35 of the smaller potted roses. My issue is related to the roses residing in large pots. I have a friend who is willing to let me use his backyard to store the roses in large pots. Many of these roses are my plant "babies" and I have been growing them for years; I am protective of them. Here's my question, the condo has a garage that would likely accommodate roses which will not fit onto the patio. I know sunlight is essential for rose growth etc.. What would 28-29 days in a garage without light do to my potted roses ? Right now our temperatures are highs in the 70's with lows in the high 50's. Next month they should be in the low to mid 80's with low's in the low 60's and no significant humidity.

Please help... this is definitely new territory for me...

Lynn

Comments (4)