SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rantontoo

Need input on Tempesta Quartzite: Released slab regrets?!?

rantontoo
9 years ago

I need reviews of this stone and am having no luck finding any.

In December I was looking for a bathroom counter and put a hold on this slab. I asked the fabricator to quote the bathroom vanity but also the cost of buying and fabricating another slab for an anticipated summer kitchen remodel.

I could not find any information about this stone in December. Since I had to make a selection quickly and the quote for the bathroom counter (21x76) was half the price for the estimated entire kitchen, I released the slab. The pricing made no sense to me, and DH was not "sold" on the stone with the bathroom tile so Danby Montclair Marble with grey and caramel veining at half the price won by default.

As I start to finalize plans for my long anticipated kitchen remodel, I keep coming back to this quartzite. I keep 2nd guessing myself about releasing the slab even though the kitchen design was not totally finalized concerning taking out a wall and island size. Staying with one slab now will mean limiting the size of the island.

The picture shows a polished slab and bathroom vanity color/tile; but I also saw a Satin finish with a more muted look. Will a rift-sawn white oak floor be too busy with this stone? Any first-hand experience with this quartzite?

Comments (8)