SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
noshoesnation

Any regrets in your recent kitchen remodel?

NoShoesNation
11 years ago

Hello all!
We own a 2600sq ft side by side duplex that we are converting into a single family home. Our biggest and next project is the kitchen. The units are mirror images separated by an 8" fire wall, and both kitchen are in the back of the house separated by this wall.
The new kitchen space will be roughly 9 1/4' wide by 39' long. A huge, narrow space which will incorporate a formal dining area and peninsula for casual meals. We are starting step one with a meeting with a designer/architect and have a basic idea of what we want. I would call our style comfortable country. When we did our master last winter we made two bedrooms into one and went with a rustic cabin theme complete with log furniture and knotty pine trim. I do love that look but our house is a colonial garrison and I don't want it to be too stylized, kwim?
Anyways our must haves include a range top, wall oven/microwave, large french door fridge, quartz countertops, probably a glazed cabinet finish, with a different color for the island, a peninsula and a beverage center/ wet bar. I would like the goodies like soft close doors/drawers, pull out shelves, dividers etc.
Now for my question! Is there anything about your kitchen that you did without that you wished you didn't? Is there anything that you splurged on or added that you really don't use and as a waste of money?
We love to cook and want to do it as right as we can.
Above the kitchens are two side by side bathrooms separated by the same fire wall as the kitchens that we are going to convert into one large 5 piece bathroom and we have 2 side b side front doors that need to be removed and a single formal entrance built. Our total budget for all of this work is in the neighborhood of $100k.
Any ideas, input is greatly appreciated!

Comments (14)