SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
richardhbest

Placement of a steam generator

richardhbest
9 years ago

I am in the beginning stages of a bathroom remodel, and have been presented with the first Change Order of the project. In the hopes of getting an “on-time” and “on-budget” result from the project, I’d like to learn from the experiences of others.

The plan is to take the tub out of an 8’x5’ bathroom, install a steam generator (with aroma and Bluetooth sound), install a waterfall/rainfall shower head, LED light and install a hand-shower in the tub space.

I am also replacing a toilet, vanity/sink, ceiling fan and medicine cabinet as part of the project.

The Problem:

The contractor wired and plumbed for the steam generator, aroma therapy and Bluetooth sound, but the city Building Inspector did not approve what was done because in that placement, the generator would not be accessible for servicing.

The Proposed Solution:

The contractor is proposing to redo the plumbing and electrical, placing the generator, aroma and Bluetooth in a newly constructed cabinet above the toilet, to the left of the shower enclosure. The change order cost is $3600, so I’d like to get this done right the first time.

My question:

Given the space and the shower fixtures, are there any “landmines” I need to consider before I approve the Change Order?

Comments (7)