SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beesneeds

Time to give up on my 7-pot, or still give more time?

beesneeds
9 years ago

I potted up some 7-pot seed on the first of Feb. Sorry, nothing fancy, just seed I got in a trade labeled 7-pot.

Nothing has happened, not one little sprout. Now, I don't have the pots on a heat mat, don't have one. I do have the pots sitting on a wire rack above a floorboard electric heat register.

I've read that some peppers can take super long to sprout... but is it time to give up on these, or should I still wait a while and see if they sprout?

I'm kind of bummed, because I was all excited to be growing a superhot this year- and I used all the seed I had to try to get this one to grow.

All the rest of my peppers are just normal hots and some sweets. A couple of my other hots from Feb 6 start (McMahons Texas Bird), and Feb 18 (cascabel and fish) haven't sprouted either, and most bummer, my one hot lemon died off. I'm extra sad about the fish, because I used all the seed I had. I still have some more hot lemon that I can reseed if I still have time for it. But I do have a full tray of various other peppers that have all sprouted up and are doing fine.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida