SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debrak_2008

Kitchens and $ in your area.

debrak_2008
9 years ago

When discussing kitchen often money comes up. What is spent in different areas of the country/world is very different. So I ask, just based on what you see?

Where do you live? I live in Western New York, near Buffalo in a very diverse neighborhood. Goes from low income housing to high end.

Average household income in your county? $48,000

Average for sale cost of a single family home in your zipcode? The range is 109,000 to 649,000. Average about $250K but my zipcode is considered more "high end" than the county average. FYI my house would be more toward the low end of the range.

Common kitchen countertop material. Laminate but most new builds have lower cost granite or quartz. Remodels are starting to use granite or quartz.

DIY - Do most DIY or hire out? DIY though this does seem to be changing as common plumbing, carpentry, etc skills are not being based down. We grew up in families where you NEVER hired someone unless you really did not have the skill to do it yourself.

Kitchen $ - If you remodeled your kitchen what did you spent, materials vs labor? We added an addition to our house that included adding or expanding 5 rooms so I can't break out the cost for only the kitchen. Hired out the framing and exterior of the addition. All interior work was DIY. Cost for the finishes, $4000 granite, $4000 cherry cabinets, $2000 hardwood floor, $700 heated island, $1000? misc. Total of materials about $12,000. Labor for finishes $0

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!