Do you wash it?
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (31)
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
How do you wash spinach and other prep sink questions
Comments (42)Last year, there was Ecoli episode in CA and the culprit were wild pigs which has visited the spinach patch. The interesting thing was that the ecoli was not on the spinach it was inside the spinach. The pigs contaminated the soil and the water was as absorbed by the spinach roots and the bacteria was inside the leaves.. So no amount of surface rinsing would have removed or killed the Ecoli. Thankfully, it was a small episode that was quickly contained. The triple washed baby spinach salad bags were quickly pulled from the shelves. Since I first posted, we just finished the countertop and sink install. I have hole for 1 soap dispenser at the sink and plan to keep a spray bottle of alcohol or bleach solution for disinfecting. I have the same sink as cottonpenny and plan to use the sink bowl as the rinse bowl after a cleaning disinfecting routine....See MoreHow often do you wash your hair? How about never?
Comments (54)I also really love the Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo, it's dirt cheap and doesn't harm my very delicate fine hair. I just stumbled upon it too. I had bought it for my husband and he didn't use it so I had this huge bottle and used it and was surprised at how well it did for my fine hair and plus, it doesn't make my scalp itch, that has become an issue for me. I also found a conditioner that I love, it's Martix Biolage, the detangling one. Finally, a conditioner that doesn't make my scalp itch AND actually takes the tangles out of my insanely tangle prone hair. I used to shampoo daily because I styled my hair every day. Now, I just put it in a ponytail and call it done. I wash my hair about every third day now. I'd be very afraid to put baking soda in my fragile hair...I'm sure it would destroy it. I once (ONE TIME) used Dr. Bronner's liquid Castile to wash my hair and it damaged it so badly that it had to grow out before it was normal again. UGH! I'm lucky that I have hair, don't get me wrong, but my hair is very weird! My scalp is also very oily...so I cannot go very long without washing. Three days is pushing it and I can only pull it off because I wear it in a ponytail. I also can't stand the smell of stinky hair...UGH! It gets stinky after a couple days. That's when I know it's time to wash!...See MoreHow often do you wash down and re-seal your backsplash?
Comments (10)I didn't know there was such a thing as a splatter guard for the stove -- will have to look into that. There's a gap behind the stove and the back wall so I can't prop anything up on there, but the glass cutting board is a good idea. The deep fryer is in the garage, but DH does pan-fry/high-heat saute stuff on the stove. And guess what? I'm the one who oil-stained the grout already!! I was browning some chicken pieces, on the front burner no less, and a big splat of oil hit the backsplash. I did wash down the splash that evening but darn it a small section of grout got hit good. Soapy water and a grout brush didn't work, 409 and a grout brush lightened it enough to where no one will ever notice but me because I know it's there and it bugs me. So yea, I probably should re-seal once a year....See MoreHow often do you wash your windows?
Comments (14)Mother nature washes the outside. I think I may have spot cleaned windows inside about half a dozen times in the last ten years, as needed, not as a whole window-cleaning chore. When we first moved in our house 25+ years ago, we were looking at replacement windows. The sales rep REPEATEDLY mentioned how the windows pop open and tilt in for easy cleaning, always looking at me when he said this, not my husband. I found this thoroughly, irritatingly sexist. On his umpteenth mention of it I cut him off and said, dude, I have never cleaned a window in my life and I don't intend to start now. Haha (They do open nicely though lol, although I usually stick to cleaning the inside!) I have so little time. I barely have time to work in the garden. The house always comes second to me. Partly because I have a husband and son who live with me who think there are little housecleaning fairies. So the heck with it. Let those pixies do it (or not!). I'd rather spend my precious free time outside. Sorry if this sounds like a rant lol. Today is my only day off in two weeks (not to mention my birthday weekend) and I just spent three hours attempting a plumbing fix. I've never done plumbing in my life other than turn on a faucet lol, we don't have the proper tools, I finally finished the job properly and it still didn't fix the problem. I could have been outside on this (finally!!) first beautiful weekend of spring instead! So now I am finally off to go rake up some leaves! Yay! Well... as soon as I finish my second piece of birthday cake this morning. Hey, don't judge - I just did plumbing on my day off lol. I deserve it! :) Dee...See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Stories

HOUSEKEEPINGDishwasher vs. Hand-Washing Debate Finally Solved — Sort Of
Readers in 8 countries weigh in on whether an appliance saves time, water and sanity or if washing by hand is the only saving grace
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGHow to Wash Your House
Avoid damage to siding and plants while getting your home's exterior shining clean, with this guide to using pressure washers and hoses
Full Story
PETS15 Doggone-Good Tips for a Pet Washing Station
Turn a dreaded chore into an easier task with a handheld sprayer, an elevated sink or even a dedicated doggie tub
Full Story
DIY PROJECTSCool Tip: Mimic Stain With a DIY Color Wash
Get the look of an oil-based stain without all the bother, using this easy wash made with paint
Full Story
ORGANIZING6 Ways to Care for Your Washing Machine
Keep your laundry room and clothes in great shape with these basic washing machine tips
Full Story
ROOM OF THE DAYRoom of the Day: A Laundry So Cheery, Wash Day Is Wonderful
Pretty paint and playful touches banish chore-day blahs in a laundry room designed for a magazine’s Idea House
Full Story
SHOP HOUZZShop Houzz: Wash Your Hands
Kill germs and keep your hands clean with design-forward soap dispensers
Full Story0

REMODELING GUIDESArchitect's Toolbox: Wash the Wall With Sunlight
Enrich your home's spaces and surfaces with a natural light show
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Sun-Washed Sophistication for a Miami Apartment
Ivory hues and crystal touches reflect light and create easy elegance in a beachfront Florida getaway for a family
Full Story

Elmer J Fudd